Evie the Elephant

A cute name suited for cute designs! I have enjoyed Evie the Elephant's blog for a while now and got the a chance to get to know the designer, Lauren Jennings, behind these gorgeous prints suitable for any nursery. Evie the Elephant's print pieces make irresistible baby gifts! You even have the option to have them simply and beautifully framed.

1. So tell us a bit about yourself?
I grew up on the lovely Jervis Bay, and now live in sunny old Bondi in a little flat my boyfriend and I recently renovated. I love beautiful photography, pattern and illustrations and I can’t sit still for a minute.

2. What inspired you to start making prints?
I have 3 beautiful little nieces and a nephew due any day now. I made my first prints to put in their rooms as a present one time we visited, and my sister loved them that much she encouraged me to make a website so others could enjoy them too. So initially, it was to bring a smile to their faces and brighten up their rooms, but then I found I really enjoyed the fun side to making prints aimed at children. The characters and colours can be so much fun.

3. Why an Elephant?
It was one of my favoutire icons from the alphabet print, and I sort of had a thing for the name Evie as well, so they just went together. I had a whole list of names to go over with some family and freinds, but kept coming back to Evie the Elephant.


4. Which designers, artists or creative people inspire you?
I love illustrations and patterns that are clean, simple and fun. At the moment I have a thing for Amy Blay, and Rob Ryan from the U.K. But, I’m always finding great images and inspiration everyday, whether it’s in the streets, or the hundreds of amazing blogs out there. There are so many talented people everywhere.


5. Which is your favourite piece and why?
Oooo, that’s a tuff one. Can i pick 2? I think they all suit different things, but i really like the alphabet print in red and blue. I love all the little icons on top of the letters and how it’s also educational by teaching the alphabet at the same time.


6. What’s next for Evie the Elephant?
An eventful year coming up with a move to Queensland within the next year and focussing on creating a larger range with more variety. I have so many things I’d like to add onto the site, like party invitations and themed packs, baby announcements, flash cards etc.

I’d also like to do a few exclusive prints to be stocked in a few shops to help spread the Evie love and plan to do some freelance design work to keep mix of work coming as well. So lots to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. oh these are gorgeous, i love the alphabet print in blue/red... divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg how cute are the elephants. and cute name. great find!

    ReplyDelete

we heart comments xxoxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails