Meet Daneve from Ah-Tissue

Welcome to the world of Tissue Pom-Poms. I never heard about them until I came across Ah-Tissue via Facebook and watched it evolved to an online store. You'll notice I am obsessed with them as I keep mentioning them. These are affordable creative decorations for any event and the talented Daneve continuously updates Ah-Tissue Facebook albums with Tissue Pom Pom ideas, inspiring colour palettes and fantastic event styling.

Daneve took time out from her very busy schedule to answer a few questions. I hope you do get in touch with her for your next party/event in the new year!
 
1. How did Ah-Tissue come about?
Ah-Tissue was established in 2010. I'm a mum of one and born into a very creative family. My father is a retired Art Lecture and my mother is a retired music teacher. From a young age I've been doing everything and anything creative. My work experience consists of being an Event Co-ordinator, Screen Printer, Wedding Florist, and Assistant Photographer, just to name a few!

I believe there is a reason for everything and believe all my experiences has lead me to Ah-Tissue. I decided to start my venture due to being a “stay at home” mum, needing to bring in a second income for our family. I realised there was a market here in Australia for this old tissue paper craft technique to make fun pom pom decorations. My creative mind has enabled me to come up with so many different ideas for new products using additional techniques.

2. Where do you get your inspiration from?
Starting at a very young age I have always loved creating things with my hands and I believe my inspiration comes from years of being in different creative industries. When creating new products I have always tried to think beyond an item and turn it into something different and unique. Inspiration is all around us and I find it very rewarding to turn something into your own design and product.
This is one of my favourite quotes that inspires me to keeping doing what I love:
“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.”
3. What’s been your favourite Ah-tissue colour palette?
Oh, this is a hard one to answer for me as I love all colours being an artist, but I will say my favourite colour is purple (Violet) and even got married in this colour.. In 2011, I will be expanding my colour range even further..

4. Favourite use for Ah-Tissue Pom Pom?
I think with all my products I love the fact that after you use my pom poms for one thing, you can use the same pom in another form as they are all “multi-use” items.

5. What’s next for Ah-Tissue?
Well I have a feeling 2011 will be a huge year for Ah-Tissue, as we have our own official website launching in the New Year. I have a lot of new products coming soon, which I am very excited about and can’t wait to get started!

Be a fan on facebook, visit the store and follow the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we heart comments xxoxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails