1. What was your inspiration for the rooms?
I wanted the children’s rooms to be a space of warmth, love and fun!
2. What is your favourite piece in the nursery?
It would be hard for me to pick just one piece, but I especially cherish the items that have been handmade: Paintings from my talented best friend; A cute doll from my sister; Gorgeous name displays from another dear friend; A beautiful blanket knitted by my mum... These are priceless gifts which fill the rooms with love.
3. Decorating a baby’s nursery can be quite challenging, what advice can you give for mums who want to decorate their nursery – where should they start? My best tip would be to get some open-box shelves. (You can pick them up cheap at Ikea) They are a simple foundation from which, it is easy to create the nursery that you dream of. I’ll try not to get too carried away, but the many benefits include:
- It is a great space-saver - A mass of rolled up baby wraps, blankets and linen will fit on one shelf.
- If you need more storage, you can simply add another box.
- Boxes are perfect for pint size things like baby singlets, hats, shoes and socks.
- It is very easy to change the colour scheme or style of your nursery as your child grows... simply change what is on the shelves!