Frangipani Photography & Designs

Meet Claire Miles, a multi-talented and experienced Photographer and Graphic Designer, mum to Jackson, 3 and running Frangipani Photography & Designs. When you see Claire's portfolio you'll understand the importance to hiring a photographer for your next event or occasion. Even I couldn't choose which ones to put in this post, there were too many great photos to choose from. Based in Sydney, she'll travel around to capture all your precious moments with your family, bub or friends.

1. How did Frangipani Designs begin? How did you come up with the name?
It began back in 1999, I was 25. I realised that I didn’t want to work for anyone else, and I thought that I was creative enough to give my own business a go. I started making Wedding Invitations and hair accessories. The invitations I did for friends and the accessories were sold through local hair dressers. I always loved frangipani flowers, especially their smell and their shape… and it was way back before every car had a frangipani sticker!!!

2. How you would describe your photography style?
Relaxed, natural, fun and beautiful! I love capturing the unique qualities of my subjects and showing them off, whether it be brilliant blue eyes or flaming red hair, a crooked smile or a shy face. 

3. If you could photograph anything in the world what would it be?
I just love taking photos so…. it would be anything!…..as long as it catches my eye, I will take a photo of it!

4. What has been your favourite photoshoot so far and why?There are so many to choose from, I have worked with white doves and kids, dogs and kids, worked around beehives to get the right shot and had clients whos sausages were stolen whilst having their photos taken! I am just so lucky to being doing something everyday that I enjoy and take pride in.

5. Which designers, artists or creative people inspire you?
Since joining sites like facebook and starting my blog, I have been amazed at the amount of talented WAHM’s out there. Everyone is giving it a go and making and creating wonderful, unique things that make me smile. I love the dedication and sense of community that comes from this. These people inspire me everyday. It is so good to know that we are all doing something to reward us, doing something for ourselves as well as being in business and being parents.


6. What is the most chic item you own?  
My husband bought me the most beautiful pearl and silver ring on our recent Fiji holiday, and inside it has an inscription that says ‘live your dream’

7. Whats next for Frangipani Designs?
I am introducing some amazing new products, photo wallpaper (large photos for your walls with an adhesive background) and photo tiles (resin blocks that have a photo imprinted on them.. perfect for sitting on your desk or shelves).

8. Lastly, what has been one of your favourite 'mummy' moment?
My little man, Jackson, is 3 now and I am constantly having moments! He amazes me everyday but seeing him interact with different types of people really melts my heart, he is such a character! I don’t think he will have any problems making friends in this world.

Get a glimpse of her portfolio on her website or on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful photographs. Well done Claire.

    ReplyDelete

we heart comments xxoxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails